Renew Your Smile with Restorative Dentistry
Dental damage and decay can take a serious toll on your quality of life, making daily activities like eating and speaking challenging. However, our team at Dental Arts can rebuild your smile and help you achieve full dental function with advanced restorative dentistry procedures, such as dental implant placement and restoration. Dr. James Elias, Dr. Kirk Opdahl, Dr. Jeremy Bowen, and Dr. Alex Clark are dedicated to helping our Independence, MO, patients achieve a lifetime of healthy teeth and gums, which is why we always provide individualized care and adhere to mercury-free practices.
The Purpose of Restorative Dentistry
Restorative dentistry treatments are designed to improve the health and function of your smile, so you can once again speak clearly, laugh freely, and eat comfortably. The dentists at Dental Arts offer comprehensive restorative procedures to repair chipped or broken teeth, replace missing teeth, and correct malocclusion, including:
- White fillings: To address dental decay, we can place durable resin fillings. These restorations blend with the shade of your natural tooth and seal gaps left by cavities to protect your smile.
- Dental bonding: Using a malleable composite resin material, we can repair damage left by tooth decay, in addition to dental cracks or chips.
- Inlays and onlays: Similar to fillings, inlays and onlays replace compromised sections of a tooth that has been damaged by decay. These restorations are appropriate for moderate damage, and cover either the cusps of the chewing surface or the space between the edges.
- Dental crowns: Crowns are "caps" designed to completely encase, preserve, and reinforce a tooth that has been damaged by trauma or decay. They are specially fabricated to fit comfortably in your smile and match the color of surrounding teeth.
- Dental bridges: A bridge consists of one or more pontics (artificial teeth), fused to two dental crowns on either side. This restoration spans the gap of missing teeth and is anchored in place by crowns or implants.
- Dentures: We offer both full and partial restorations to address significant or total tooth loss. Depending upon your unique needs, we may recommend implant-supported dentures, which are securely affixed to dental implants.
- Dental implants: Our doctors can place these titanium posts in the jawbone to restore your smile after tooth loss. Implants support a variety of restorations, such as crowns, bridges, and dentures, and help to preserve your jawbone health and structure.
Depending upon your needs, we also offer full mouth rehabilitation, which involves replacing all of a patient’s teeth. During treatment, we provide patients with temporary restorations for enhanced comfort and functionality, before advancing to the cosmetic stage.
We are dedicated to helping our patients achieve a lifetime of healthy teeth and gums, which is why we always provide individualized care and adhere to mercury-free practices.
Restorative dentistry not only repairs the form and function of your smile, but it can significantly improve your overall quality of life. These procedures can lead to:
When left untreated, simple issues such as tooth decay or dental infection can spread to healthy teeth, requiring more costly and time-consuming treatment in the future. As such, it is imperative to address any areas of concern in a timely manner.
Protect Your Smile
Whatever your restorative needs may be, our doctors at Dental Arts can help improve the health of your smile with comprehensive, high quality treatments. To find out more or to schedule an appointment, contact us online or call us today at (816) 478-3600.
“Though I am always nervous, I know that no matter what the situation, I could not be in better hands at Dental Arts. Thank you to you and your staff. You are all so wonderful. God bless you!” Gail